STEP 1: Complete the online registration form for each student you are registering. Kindergarteners must be 5 years old by Sept. 1st. Please Note: This DOES NOT complete the registration process. Continue with the steps below after completing the online registration form.
STEP 2: Bring the following documentation to Burnette Elementary.
What to Bring for Registration:
- An official document showing proof of birth date. Examples include a certified copy of a birth certificate, or a federal, state, county, or school document with date of birth.
- Proof of residency in attendance zone. The school requires proof of residency, which may be verified by presenting a current utility bill (gas, water, or electric; telephone bills are excluded) with one of the following documents:
| - a non-contingent sales contract
- current lease/rental agreement
- most recent income tax return
- current paycheck stub
- current Medicaid card
|- current residential property tax statement or bill
- current warranty or quick claim deed
- current home purchase agreement
- current homeowner’s insurance policy
- a third-person affidavit of residency (notarized)
|Documents presented for residency verification must include the same address as the accompanying utility bill. An exception: A deed without an address is acceptable if accompanied by two utility bills (excluding telephone bills) with same address in the attendance zone. A contingency contract is not acceptable. If you live with a friend or family member and need information about verifying your residency, call your local school.
- A Georgia certificate of immunization. By state law, a valid certificate of immunization (Form #3231) or a notarized statement of religious exemption is required for enrollment. The certificate of immunization must be completed by the health department or your private physician. A valid Form #3231 must be marked with either “Date of Expiration” or as “Complete for School Attendance.” (A certificate marked with a “Date of Expiration” expires on the date indicated. A current certificate must be submitted within 30 days of expiration.) A medical exemption should be noted on Form #3231 with a current date of expiration. You may request a form from your school for religious exemption.
- Evidence of vision, hearing, and dental exams obtained in the past year. This information should be on Georgia Form #3300, available from the health department or your physician and dentist. Letters from appropriate healthcare professionals and out-of-state certificates are acceptable, if completed within the last 12 months and stapled to the state form. Click here for Health Department locations, maps, and hours of operation.
- A photo ID. The person enrolling a student should present proper identification. This identification may include a driver’s license, a state identification card, a passport, or other official photo identification, such as an ID card obtained through an official government agency or consulate.
- Proof of custody/guardianship. Proof of Guardianship is required for registration if the enrolling adult is not the birth parent. To learn more, contact Gwinnett County Probate Court at 770-822-8350. Click here to visit the Probate Court's web page.
- The child’s social security number. State law requires that schools ask for this number at the time of enrollment. Students will be enrolled, even if the number is not provided. However, parents will be asked to sign a waiver.
- A copy of the pre-K progress report if your child has attended a state pre-k program. You also can bring the final pre-K assessment to your child's teacher when the new school year begins. The information can serve as a benchmark of your child's skills and abilities.
If you have questions or need assistance with registration please call our registrar at 678-546-2170.
Please be aware that your child will not be entered into our student database and assigned a teacher until ALL required documents are received. Please make copies ahead of time, if possible.
STEP 3: Print, complete and turn in the Parent Portal Registration form with your other required registration paperwork. This will give you online access to your child's school information such as attendance, grades, etc.
STEP 4: Your student will be enrolled in Gwinnett County schools and you will receive information including the student's Student ID number. On or after July 20, you will be able to enroll in MyPayments Plus to set up a lunch account and to make any voluntary contributions that you choose to make. The School Contribution Form is also available should you choose to make a contribution but prefer not to use MyPayments Plus.