Criterion Referenced Competency Test (CRCT) will be given April 18-24 for
grades 3-5 and April 24-26 for grades 1 and 2. The
CRCT measures students' acquisition of concepts and skills set forth in
Georgia's Quality Core Curriculum (QCC) and Georgia Performance Standards
(GPS). Georgia law requires that QCC and GPS be taught to all students
who receive instruction delivered through the regular curriculum. The results
of the CRCT serve two purposes:
1. to provide diagnostic information regarding instructional strengths and weaknesses so appropriate teaching can be planned.
2. to provide information regarding trends and patterns in learning for the content areas assessed on the CRCT for all of Georgia.
This state mandated assessment is administered to all students in grades 1 through 8, and is tied to promotion and retention for grades 3, 5 and 8. Your child's punctual attendance is vital to optimum performance. Please plan your schedules to insure that your children will be present and rested on every day of the test.
At this time there are several web sites available to you that allow your child to practice for the CRCT online:
1. Georgia Online Assessment
System (OAS): This site is sponsored by the Georgia Department of
Education. It allows your child to practice for the CRCT online and
be graded immediately. You also can print out older versions of the
CRCT for paper/pencil practice. Your child can use the generic ids
given in the table at this site: http://www.doe.k12.ga.us/ci_testing.aspx?PageReq=CI_TESTING_OAS
2. http://besweb.rockdale.k12.ga.us/crct05/crct05.htm This site has sample tests you can pull up and print out so that your child may practice at home.
3. http://www.harcourtschool.com/activity/test_tutor/build19/grade3/skill14/index_pre.htm - Harcourt Brace's "Test Tutor" site. This site is an online testing site which also provides mini tutorials. This site appears to more appropriate for 3-5 graders.
4. http://www.eduplace.com/kids/mhm/index.html - A Math practice site sponsored by Houghton Mifflin Publishers.
5. http://www.internet4classrooms.com/assistance.htm - Click on the grade that your child is in in the Elementary Table. You will be lead to a new page where you can choose a subject, and then a skill.
6. http://www.hcbe.net/itc/crct/index.html - Houston County Schools CRCT practice in powerpoint slideshow form.
7. http://cjhweb.rockdale.k12.ga.us/2006_crct_practice_tests.htm - Choose from a list of sample tests to print
Success Maker Enterprise also allows us to predict how your child will perform on the CRCT. Each year Pearson Digital Learning, the company that owns Success Maker, analyzes our students' CRCT scores and compares them to their Success Maker levels. Based on the results, the company makes predictor tables for the following years' students. If you have Success Maker at Home, you can access your child's Student Summary Report for his/her math and reading course and then use those course levels to determine the CRCT Score Range in the table below. Note: The accuracy rate is 80%.
Success Maker Math Concepts and Skills
Success Maker Reading Readiness, Initial Reading, or Reader's Workshop