ATTENDANCE/ CHECKING OUT POLICY
Attendance Policy | Tardy Policy & Check Ins | Check Outs | School Function Absences
Any student needing to leave campus during the day for any reason must check out through the appropriate grade level office. Contact with a parent or guardian will be required before a student is released from school.
Procedure for Early Dismissals:
If the absence is a planned check out:
- Prior to first period, present the appropriate grade level office personnel with a note from a parent/guardian requesting permission to check out. The note should include a phone number for verification.
- A hall pass will be given to the student with the time of day to report to your grade level office.
- If the parent has not been contacted for verification, the parent must come inside to check the student out.
- If the parent was contacted for verification, when the student returns to the grade level office at the designated time to be released, the attendance personnel will instruct the student to meet the parent at a designated area.
Parents, please notify your child’s grade level office of any changes to their clinic card- especially changes in emergency contact numbers.
If the absence is an emergency/illness, the following procedures applies:
- Student must obtain a pass from the teacher to go to the clinic or grade level office to call a parent/guardian.
- The parent/guardian will be contacted for permission.
- The student will be given a check-out form and the attendance personnel will sign the student out.
- Student will meet parent/guardian at a designated area.
- Student must always officially sign out in the appropriate grade level office.
- If the student is present at school but misses class due to illness and does not notify the teacher or report to the appropriate grade level office, the student will be considered unexcused from class.
- If the student does not have a clinic card, the parent/guardian must come to school in person to check the student out.
- Picture I.D. will be required of person checking out the student.
EXCESSIVE EARLY DISMISSALS: After a student has accumulated five (5) check-outs per semester, a parent or guardian will be required to come to the appropriate grade level office to check their child out. A student who checks out of school repeatedly may have his/her parking privileges revoked at any time.
Sign up for the CHHS e-newsletter