Social Work Services
|Description of Services|
The social worker functions as a direct and supportive service provider, as a consultant, and as a liaison between the department of special education and community agencies.
Types of Services
Social workers work with children, families, and school personnel, with the goal of improving the functionality of students within the home, school, and community. Services provided are as follows:
- Conducting parent interviews and compiling case notes
- Referring children and parents to other, or additional, community resources for financial, medical, emotional, and/or other support services
- Providing crisis intervention through family contact and referral
- Participating in selected staffing for joint evaluation and implementation of treatment programs
- Interpreting and clarifying relevant diagnostic and social information about individual children and families
- Assisting staff in the development of support services to children and their families
- Assisting in appropriate services and educational programming
- Promoting understanding between school and home environment
- Acting as a liaison between special education program, community, and therapeutic and social service agencies.