Career Technical Instructional Support Services
(formerly RVI or Related Vocational Instruction)
|Description of Services|
Career Technical Instruction is a support service offered to students attending either Maxwell High School of Technology or Grayson High School.
A career technical instructor is a special education teacher with an add-on certification in vocational instruction. These instructors go into the technology classes to work with special education students. Their main functions are to increase the success of special education students, to offer vocational information to special education teachers and students, and to assist students in developing and implementing their Individual Transition Plans.
Types of Services
The related vocational instructors may provide support in a variety of ways including, but not limited to, the following:
- Using adaptive equipment
- Modifying programs as necessary
- Providing individual instruction
- Offering tutorial help
- Providing study guides
- Supervising students while in the technology labs
- Providing misc. other support determined by the technology instructors, special education teachers and the related vocational instructors
- Providing vocational aptitude and interest tests
- Acting as liaisons between the students, the Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors, and other community services.
- Developing work sites and supervising students on the job
- Providing limited job coaching as needed by the students
- Being available to make presentations in the job classes