WHITE OAK AWARDS:
1. Thanks to our Environmental Education Committee, the Green Education Foundation has recognized White Oak as a spotlight school for its Green In-Action Award. To read more about White Oak's honor, click here.
2. Thanks to our PE department, and Ms. Warnock's class, our school won a $10,000 grant from the NFL Play60 Program. White Oak plans to enhance our playground area by building a new track with this grant money.
3. Bronze Award Winner in the 2011 Single Statewide Accountability System (SSAS) Award for Outstanding Student Achievement. White Oak Elementary School is one of only 58 elementary schools in the state of Georgia to receive this award.
4. White Oak Elementary School was recognized at the 4th Annual Green Difference Awards, held in Boston on May 4, 2012. Each year, green schools of Massachusetts celebrate the efforts of other local schools for their leadership in environmental awareness and actions. Green Schools is an nonprofit organization whose mission is to create greener and healthier learning environments through education and awareness. For more info, visit www.projectgreenschools.org.
5. 2011-2012 Pace Award Winner - School of the Year. Clean Air Campaign. Click here to see image of award acceptance.
6. 2013-2014 White Oak Elementary received special mention in the University of Georgia's Environmental Newsletter. This article highlighted the great work that our students have been doing in our school garden with the help of master gardeners, like Winnie White. Click here to see the article, which includes a video showing our students gardening.
7. Counseling department honored with the 2014 RAMP Award. (Recognized ASCA Model Program)
WAYS YOU CAN HELP OUR SCHOOL EARN MONEY:
1. Purchase recycled toner cartridges from Planet Green and 15% of the proceeds will come back to White Oak.
2. Collect and send in Box Tops for Education, Labels for Education, and Tyson A+ labels.
3. Get a Target REDcard and 1% of your Target purchases will come back to White Oak. You will need White Oak's School ID Number, which is 151964.
4. If you retail shop online with stores such as Barnes & Noble, Old Navy, Best Buy, and others do so through iGive.
5. Get Your Shop in Gwinnett discount card and support White Oak Elementary. Lots of great vendors have joined this discount program such as Ippolitos in Suwanee, Sky Zone and Georgia Force. Get your card now for $20.00 and it will not expire for 12 months! More vendors are signing up each day so keep checking back for more deals! Visit the Shop In Gwinnett Site Today!
Help White Oak earn FREE Microsoft Surface Tablets for use in our classrooms! Click Here to find out an easy way you can help.
The Lanier Education Foundation is looking for donations of items or services for our Silent Auction at the Blue Jean Ball. Do you own or know a company that would donate a service? What about a weekend stay in the Mountains or at the Beach? Can you donate gift cards to local restaurants or salons? No donation is Too Big or Too Small! Contact Amy Ballar at firstname.lastname@example.org
White Oak Elementary's Yearbooks are sold atwww.treering.com. Each yearbook comes with 2 personally customized pages for your student. You may purchase a hardcover or softcover yearbook. Visit www.treering.com and use school code: 1013157671972365 to create an account if you don't already have one.
Click the image below to place your picture order!
New Soccer Club
A new Georgia Soccer Club is opening in Sugar Hill at Gary Pirkle park. This soccer organization is for age groups 4-19, with age groups 9-19 having try-outs. If you would like to sign your child up for this soccer experience, click here for more details and information.
Opportunity to Purchase Personalized Brick for Outdoor Classroom Path
As we prepare to break ground and take the final steps for our Outdoor Discovery Zone (WOODZ), we are asking our White Oak families to help by purchasing a personalized brick for the pathway. For more information on how to order a personalized brick, click here.
A "Did You Know" Moment from the White Oak Cafeteria
Our menus are analyzed for nutritional content by a Registered Dietician.
Click below to:
Report a change in student info.
Sign up to receive school email news
Submit notification for absences
Click HERE for important attendance information.
Change your child's method of transportation home for short term
Sign up today to receive school system news online
Sign up to receive Gwinnett County Public Schools e-newsletter... a quick, easy way to learn more about Georgia's largest school system. In this newsletter, you'll find stories on teaching and learning, school leadership and governance, and the partnerships that make Gwinnett County Public Schools successful. Click here to sign up for GCPS eNews or check out online registration on the GCPS home page with the button to the left.
Click here for the Spring issue of Communique
Gwinnett County Public School Strategic Priorities Rollout
As the county continues to roll out its Strategic Priorities for the future, you can stay informed by viewing the Strategic Priorities Video clip and other related documents. Click here to access these items. They can be found in the gray box on the page.
We encourage our White Oak families to support our cluster high school, Lanier High, by attending athletic events there. Please be sure that any elementary or middle school students that attend a high school event do so with an adult. To view a Lanier High calendar of events, click on the Longhorn image above.
Click the image above to access the Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation website.
White Oak Elementary Business Partners
Interested in becoming a White Oak Elementary School Business Partner? Click here
White Oak Accomplishments
White Oak PTA Tax ID information for Potential Business Partners
White Oak Business Partner Application
Gwinnett County Public Schools wishes to meet the needs of all of its students and families. If any member of your family needs assistance or has any questions regarding mobility impaired issues or handicapped access, please contact the principal of your local school.