WHITE OAK AWARDS:
1. Thanks to our Environmental Education Committee, the Green Education Foundation has recognized White Oak as a spotlight school for its Green In-Action Award. To read more about White Oak's honor, click here.
2. Thanks to our PE department, and Ms. Warnock's class, our school won a $10,000 grant from the NFL Play60 Program. White Oak plans to enhance our playground area by building a new track with this grant money.
3. Bronze Award Winner in the 2011 Single Statewide Accountability System (SSAS) Award for Outstanding Student Achievement. White Oak Elementary School is one of only 58 elementary schools in the state of Georgia to receive this award.
4. White Oak Elementary School was recognized at the 4th Annual Green Difference Awards, held in Boston on May 4, 2012. Each year, green schools of Massachusetts celebrate the efforts of other local schools for their leadership in environmental awareness and actions. Green Schools is an nonprofit organization whose mission is to create greener and healthier learning environments through education and awareness. For more info, visit www.projectgreenschools.org.
5. 2011-2012 Pace Award Winner - School of the Year. Clean Air Campaign. Click here to see image of award acceptance.
6. 2013-2014 White Oak Elementary received special mention in the University of Georgia's Environmental Newsletter. This article highlighted the great work that our students have been doing in our school garden with the help of master gardeners, like Winnie White. Click here to see the article, which includes a video showing our students gardening.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP OUR SCHOOL EARN MONEY:
1. Purchase recycled toner cartridges from Planet Green and 15% of the proceeds will come back to White Oak.
2. Collect and send in Box Tops for Education, Labels for Education, and Tyson A+ labels.
3. Get a Target REDcard and 1% of your Target purchases will come back to White Oak. You will need White Oak's School ID Number, which is 151964.
4. If you retail shop online with stores such as Barnes & Noble, Old Navy, Best Buy, and others do so through iGive.
5. Get Your Shop in Gwinnett discount card and support White Oak Elementary. Lots of great vendors have joined this discount program such as Ippolitos in Suwanee, Sky Zone and Georgia Force. Get your card now for $20.00 and it will not expire for 12 months! More vendors are signing up each day so keep checking back for more deals! Visit the Shop In Gwinnett Site Today!
Snow Make-Up Days Plan Announced
GCPS has announced the following changes to the current school calendar:
In addition to using three built in make-up days (Feb 17, March 14, and May 22) the school day will be extended by 30 minutes for 48 days, beginning Monday March 3rd through May 14. The last day of school will be May 22.
Beginning Monday, March 3rd through May 14 White Oak's dismissal will be as follows:
Bus Dismissal will be 3:15 - 3:40 PM
Car Rider dismissal will be 3:20 - 3:40
Students will arrive to their afternoon bus stop approximately 30 minutes LATER than their normal time.
Afternoon clubs will be extended 30 minutes beyond the original ending time. The FAST Club will communicate separately any ending time changes.
The week of March 7-10, White Oak students, as well as other Lanier Cluster Schools, will recognize efforts to reduce bullying and prejudice in our community. Week-long activities will occur at school to support this cause. Below is a brief mention of each day's activity:
Monday: Students will receive and sign No Place for Hate promises
Tuesday: Students will be encouraged to respect diversity
Wednesday: Students will learn about being an ally/upstander
Thursday: Students will view 5th Gr. video about Empowerment
Friday: White Oak Spirit Day. Though we are different, together we make up an awesome school!
To read more about our No Place for Hate week and additional activities, click here.
Opportunity to Purchase Personalized Brick for Outdoor Classroom Path
As we prepare to break ground and take the final steps for our Outdoor Discovery Zone (WOODZ), we are asking our White Oak families to help by purchasing a personalized brick for the pathway. For more information on how to order a personalized brick, click here.
If you have not yet ordered a yearbook for your child, it is not too late to do so. You can even customize 2 pages for your own child up until March 28th! Click here for more information on how to customize a yearbook or click here to learn how to order a yearbook.
Camp Invention Coming to White Oak this Summer
Camp Invention inspires creativity and inventive thinking during its weeklong summer program! Led by teachers from White Oak, children are immersed into fun-filled, exciting, activities that reinvent summer fun. Throughout the week, children work together to solve real- world challenges that prepare them for the 21st century. Whether they are creating an epic, insect-themed pinball machine or dismantling broken devices, participants learn new approaches to everyday problems! Camp is coming to our school July 14th - July 17th and the hours are 8:00 - 4:00. Discounts available – register today! Call 800.968.4332 or visit www.campinvention.org.
All Sports Youth Camps Being Offered for Spring and Summer
Click here to see a list of camps offered and payment details.
Gwinnett County Public Schools Seeking Bus Drivers
Please call 678.225.7670
A "Did You Know" Moment from the White Oak Cafeteria
We offer silk soy milk daily
Click below to:
Report a change in student info.
Sign up to receive school email news
View a local tutor list
Submit notification for absences
Change your child's method of transportation home for short term
Sign up today to receive school system news online
Sign up to receive Gwinnett County Public Schools e-newsletter... a quick, easy way to learn more about Georgia's largest school system. In this newsletter, you'll find stories on teaching and learning, school leadership and governance, and the partnerships that make Gwinnett County Public Schools successful. Click here to sign up for GCPS eNews or check out online registration on the GCPS home page with the button to the left.
Gwinnett County Public School Strategic Priorities Rollout
As the county continues to roll out its Strategic Priorities for the future, you can stay informed by viewing the Strategic Priorities Video clip and other related documents. Click here to access these items. They can be found in the gray box on the page.
We encourage our White Oak families to support our cluster high school, Lanier High, by attending athletic events there. Please be sure that any elementary or middle school students that attend a high school event do so with an adult. To view a Lanier High calendar of events, click on the Longhorn image above.
Click the image above to access the Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation website.
White Oak Elementary Business Partners
Interested in becoming a White Oak Elementary School Business Partner? Click here
White Oak Accomplishments
White Oak PTA Tax ID information for Potential Business Partners
White Oak Business Partner Application
Gwinnett County Public Schools wishes to meet the needs of all of its students and families. If any member of your family needs assistance or has any questions regarding mobility impaired issues or handicapped access, please contact the principal of your local school.