Advisement & Counseling Strategic Goals
|GCPS Office of Advisement & Counseling Strategic Goals: The plan for achieving our mission…|
GCPS Office of Advisement and Counseling will…
- Provide effective and relevant staff development that will further the mission of the organization per needs identified by surveys, student achievement data, and research-based programs.
- Monitor and analyze data: monthly activity reports, student achievement on standardized assessments, course enrollment, graduation rates and examine how students are different because of the impact of school counseling services.
- Promote and facilitate K-12 articulation among counselors.
- Develop and implement consistent, effective, and efficient strategies for all counseling programs (i.e. transcription, sharing best practices).
- Support local school personnel: counseling consultation, crisis management, graduation requirements, data management and organization, and legal issues.
- Support new counselors through mentoring sessions, school visits and ongoing training.
|GCPS School Counseling Program Strategic Goals: The plan for achieving our mission…|
GCPS school counselors will remove barriers to students’ academic achievements
and promote a safe and secure environment by providing developmentally appropriate
counseling services based on best practices, including:
- Individual counseling/planning, small group counseling, large and small group guidance, classroom guidance, and parent and teacher consultation.
- Coordinating school-wide programs and collaborating with local school and community-based professionals to enhance student success.
- Utilizing legal and ethical practices at all times.
- Continuously improving counseling skills and services through participation in local school staff development, central office staff development, conferences, National Certification, and graduate degrees.
- Implementing the 21C3: 21st Century Comprehensive Counseling Program based on the American School Counselor Association's National Model Framework for School Counseling Programs.
- Utilizing data to monitor and improve student growth and achievement, which drives counseling and school-wide planning.
- Efficiently and effectively managing resources (data, materials, finances, personnel).
- Advocating for and providing services to all students regardless of ability level, ethnicity, gender, race or socioeconomic status.