Kid's Can Cook
Garlic Bread Recipe
1 stick butter, softened
3 tbsp garlic powder
1 loaf rustic wheat bread, sliced
preheat oven on Bake @ 350 degrees
Spread butter evenly on each piece of bread, sprinkle with garlic powder and place on baking sheet.
when finished place in preheated oven on bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Yield: 4 servings
Preheat oven to 300°
4 slices whole wheat bread, cut into ¾ -inch cubes
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp garlic powder
Spray baking sheet with olive oil. Place bread cubes and sprinkle with garlic powder and olive oil and toss, place on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until toasted.
¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup fat-free mayonnaise
2 Tbsp water
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon anchovy paste
½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
In a medium bowl combine; stir well with a whisk:
8 cups torn romaine lettuce
Combine croutons and lettuce in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
FRESH SEMOLINA PASTA
1 ½ Cups Semolina Flour
½ t Salt, optional
2 T Water
2 T Olive Oil
1. Combine Semolina and salt. Add eggs, water and oil.
2. Mix to make a stiff dough
3. Knead 10 minutes or until dough is elastic.
4. Wrap dough in towel or place in plastic bag and let rest 20 minutes. On a lightly floured surface roll out to desired thickness and cut as desired.
5. Bring large pot of water containing ½ tsp. of salt to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender 2 to 3 minutes.
EASY TOMATO SAUCE
1 T. olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 large carrot, diced
1 large celery stalk
2 T. minced garlic
1 ½ T. dried Italian Seasoning
1/8 t. crushed red pepper
1 lb. chopped fresh ripe tomatoes
1-6oz can tomato paste
1-28 oz. can tomato puree
1 T. honey
1. Heat oil over med-high heat, in a heavy bottomed saucepot.
2. Sauté carrot, onion, and celery for 2 minutes. Add garlic, herbs and red pepper; sauté for 1 minute more.
3. Add fresh tomatoes; sauté for 1 minute, reduce heat to low
4. Add tomato puree, paste and honey, stir to combine, and simmer for 20 minutes or longer.
Puree this sauce and the kids will never see the ingredients they don’t like! You can use this sauce for pizza, pasta or marinara. Add ½ cup dry red wine after the herb addition for added flour.