November 2009 Redistricting Update
|NOVEMBER REDISTRICTING UPDATE:|
The Planning Department has suggested revisions to four of the five proposed boundary maps, taking into account input gathered along with the system's goal of balancing enrollment. These revisions are noted on each map. When opening the links below, please note the pdf files are quite large and may take additional time to open. Once opened users may magnify the image in order to zoom in on specific areas of the map.
Link to Map
Description of Change (if any)
|Proposed Redistricting, Burnette Elementary (pdf)||
|Ferguson ES Updated Redistricting Proposal (pdf) -- 11-17-09 NEW ||
- The section of Old Norcross Road including Old Victorian Drive moves from Corley ES to Kanoheda ES.
|Jenkins ES Updated Redistricting Proposal (pdf)-- 11-17-09 NEW ||
- The section north Briscoe Boulevard and east of Buford Drive moving from Lawrenceville ES to Jenkins ES.
- Section south of east Crogan Street and east of Jackson Street moving from Lawrenceville ES to Jenkins ES.
- Along Grayson Highway and east including but not limited to Forest Place, Kubol Drive and other areas as indicated on the map remain at Winn Holt ES.
|Roberts ES Updated Redistricting Proposal (pdf)-- 11-17-09 NEW ||
- Sections along Westbrook Road to the intersection with Old Suwanee Road to remain at Suwanee ES as displayed on the map.
- Sections south of Main Street, west of Lawrecenceville-Suwanee Road, east of McGinnis Ferry Road and north of Satellite moving from Level Creek ES to Roberts ES as indicated on the map.
|Snell ES Updated Redistricting Proposal (pdf)-- 11-17-09 NEW ||
- Sections as indicated on map along Athens Highway including S Crestview Drive and Preserve Park Drive remaining at Magill ES.
- Sections along Stone Mountain Highway including but not limited to Westridge Drive, Highpoint Road, and Rosedale Road remaining at Britt ES as designated on the map.
- Sections along Stone Mountain Highway and west of Hewatt Road remaining at Centerville ES as indicated on the map.
- Sections south of Stone Mountain Highway including but not limited to areas along Stone Drive remaining at Shiloh ES as displayed on the map.
Additional input on the redistricting maps will be gathered through a public meeting on Thursday, November 19. The public hearing will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Board Room at the Instructional Support Center, 437 Old Peachtree Road, NW, in Suwanee.
I. Call to Order and Opening Comments- Daniel Seckinger, 2009 Chairman
II. Redistricting Process Overview- CEO/Superintendent J. Alvin Wilbanks
III. Comments from the Public
IV. Other Redistricting Comments and Closing Comments- 15 minutes
- Berkmar/Meadowcreek Clusters (Ferguson ES)- 20 minutes
- Central Gwinnett Cluster (Jenkins ES)- 20 minutes
- North Gwinnett Cluster (Roberts ES)- 20 minutes
- Peachtree Ridge Cluster (Burnette ES)- 20 minutes
- Shiloh/South Gwinnett Clusters (Snell ES)- 20 minutes
Information for Speakers:
- Speakers will be called based on the order in which they sign up that evening.
- All speakers should speak from the podium.
- Each speaker will be limited to three minutes.
- Large groups are encouraged to designate a spokesperson to deliver their comments.
Following the public hearing, decisions on final recommendations to the boundary maps will be completed and revised maps will be delivered to schools (November 25-December 4). The Gwinnett County Board of Education is expected to vote on this redistricting matter on December 10, 2009.