|What is the purpose of Interim Assessments?
- Assess individual AKS concept proficiency.
- Identify students’ strengths and areas of challenge within course strands based on GCPS Instructional Calendars.
- Function as a tool to identify gaps in students’ conceptual knowledge as related to the CRCT/EOCT assessments.
- Allow teachers and administrators to analyze classroom data, and use it for instructional planning to maximize teaching and learning opportunities.
- Provide opportunities for classroom data to be analyzed (by teacher, class, subgroup, student, and school) to identify effective and ineffective instructional strategies, chart progress on goals, and improve overall student achievement.
What can Interim Assessments do for you?
- Determine specific skills, concepts, and objectives that have/has not been mastered by students (diagnosis).
- Provide immediate feedback to students/teachers on learning performance.
- Provide data to facilitate parent conferences.
- Compare growth on AKS standards (by student,teacher,subgroups,and programs).
How can Interim Assessment data be used to help schools become successful?
- Assessments are designed in accordance with the GCPS Instructional Calendars, and/or the CRCT/EOCT content weights to provide timely data about instructional practices and student progress.
- Assessments are developed by the Office of Student Accountability in collaboration with GCPS Core Curriculum Directors to ensure alignment of assessed standards to the GCPS Instructional Calendars.
- Tests can be taken paper/pencil or electronically to meet individual student needs and provide practice utilizing various assessment mediums.
- Teachers can use results to guide planning for interventions and extensions.
- Schools/teachers can determine the academic needs of student subgroups and make instructional decisions concerning the need for re-teaching specific AKS.
Which Assessments are Available?
- 9th, 10th, and 11th Grade Language Arts
- Algebra II, Accelerated Integrated Algebra, Integrated Algebra, Geometry,
- World and United States History
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Language Arts
- 6th, 7th, and 8th Mathematics, 6th, 7th, and 8th Accelerated Mathematics,
- 6th - 8th Science
- 6th - 8th Social Studies
- 1st - 5th Grade Language Arts
- 1st - 5th Grade Math
- 3rd - 5th Science
- 3rd - 5th Social Studies