Public Hearing on Redistricting: November 19, 2009
|In August 2010, Gwinnett County Public Schools will open five new elementary schools and one new middle school. On October 2, 2009, the school district launched its redistricting process in the areas that will make up these school communities. As part of the process, the school district has invited comments from citizens in the affected school communities (Annistown ES, Benefield ES, Berkmar HS, Berkmar MS, Britt ES, Centerville ES, Corley ES, Hopkins ES, Kanoheda ES, Lawrenceville ES, Level Creek ES, Magill ES, Mason ES, Meadowcreek HS, Minor ES, Norton ES, Parsons ES, Partee ES, Radloff MS, Riverside ES, Shiloh ES, Shiloh HS, Shiloh MS, Simonton ES, Snellville MS, South Gwinnett HS, Suwanee ES, Sweetwater MS, and Winn Holt ES.|
The public hearing will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Board Room at the Instructional Support Center, 437 Old Peachtree Road, NW, in Suwanee.
I. Call to Order and Opening Comments- Daniel Seckinger, 2009 Chairman
II. Redistricting Process Overview- CEO/Superintendent J. Alvin Wilbanks
III. Comments from the Public
IV. Other Redistricting Comments and Closing Comments- 15 minutes
- Berkmar/Meadowcreek Clusters- 20 minutes
- Central Gwinnett Cluster- 20 minutes
- North Gwinnett Cluster- 20 minutes
- Peachtree Ridge Cluster- 20 minutes
- Shiloh/South Gwinnett Clusters- 20 minutes
Information for Speakers:
- Speakers will be called based on the order in which they sign up that evening.
- All speakers should speak from the podium.
- Each speaker will be limited to three minutes.
- Large groups are encouraged to designate a spokesperson to deliver their comments.
Click here to review proposed maps and for more information on the Fall 2009 Redistricting Process.