- Is active, eager, and curious.
- Is interested in stories, books, rhymes, pictures, games, and songs.
- Learns by doing, observing, imitating, investigating, examining, and exploring.
- Responds to praise and consistent rules.
- Is becoming more independent and wants to make his own choices.
- Has an increasing attention span but needs to change activities frequently.
- Likes to talk and may enjoy being the center of attention.
- Handle personal needs... go to the bathroom without help, wash her hands, blow her nose, feed herself, and button and zip her clothes.
- Sit and actively listen for several minutes at a time.
- Identify basic shapes (circle, square, triangle, etc.).
- Recognize letters and phonic sounds.
- Follow two-step directions.
- Talk in complete sentences.
- Write his first name.
- Sort objects by color and size.
- Take turns with other children.
- Count up to 20.