Communiqué Connection - Spring 2010
|Links to Learn More for Parents and Community Members|
Welcome to Communiqué Connection, where you will find links to additional information, useful resources, and more. In the printed version of the Spring 2010 Communiqué, a symbol like this— — pointed the way to more information on the system web site on what makes GCPS great, ways to connect to GCPS news, tips for parents, photo essays, video clips, honors, and more. Well, you've come to the right place. The links below expand on articles recently featured in the Spring 2010 edition of Communiqué. While you’re here, please tell us what you think of this issue of Communiqué.
Please take our readership survey. Have some feedback to share about Communiqué Connection? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Makes GCPS Great...
The focus for this issue of Communiqué is how our students, staff, parents, and community make GCPS Great. Click on these links for expanded coverage and bonus materials.
Focus on Strategic Priorities and Budget
GCPS Dates and Calendars
- Take a look at our recent news releases detailing GCPS honors and achievements, and browse these kudos and upcoming events.
- The latest edition of Spotlight features awards, honors, recognitions, and milestones for GCPS staff members.
GCPS Bulletin Board
GCPS’ Parent Portal
- Keep up with your student's academic progress through the Parent Portal… the go-to resource for Gwinnett parents… including links to FAQs for new and returning users, a video, a flyer, and more. The Parent Portal rolled out systemwide after Winter Break.
- Check out a GCPS TV segment on the Parent Portal.
Assessments and Curriculum News and Resources
Follow what’s happening in the school system with these resources…
- Take an overall look at Gwinnett’s assessment program, with links to assessment descriptions and results for each level— elementary, middle, and high.
- Check out online resources to support students taking GCPS’ HS Gateway in Science and Social Studies, including videos, parent resources, sample papers, prompts for essay practice, tips for success, and a self-guided tutorial in science.
- Watch a GCPS TV segment on how high school students hone their writing skills.