|GCPS offers tuition-based online courses in a variety of subjects through Gwinnett County Online Campus. Students can take courses to get ahead or to make up a class. While online courses offer flexibility, they are not self-paced— students have teacher-directed deadlines, due dates, and examinations. Students must meet certain prerequisites. Click here for more information.|
Students must have daily access to a reliable computer with an Internet connection to log-in to course(s). Daily log-in is required each day during the school week (Monday-Friday). An online course requires 6-10 hours a week during the Fall Semester.
Online Campus allows students to take one course in addition to a student's regular schedule during the Spring and Fall semesters. Online Campus does NOT allow students to take a full unit (1st and 2nd semesters) of any course when the first semester is a prerequisite for the second.
Class Dates: January 26 — May 8
Online Registration only (register early and save):
January 5 – January 14: $225 each course ($450 for 1.0 credit block course)
January 15 – January 19: $275 each course ($550 for 1.0 credit block course)
All students taking an Online Campus course should note:
- Materials pick-up is required for some courses on Monday, January 25, between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. at Online Campus, Buchanan High School of Technology, Building E, located at 2595 Beaver Ruin Road in Norcross. Check the Online Campus website under "First Day of Class" for the list of courses with materials pick-up.
- The Introduction to Lifetime Fitness (PE) course requires 3 Face-to-Face dates. The first mandatory pre-fitness test is on January 26 at 6:00 p.m. The equipment will be issued on January 26 during the pre-fitness test at Buchanan HS.
- All Science classes require 5-7 Face-to-Face Science labs at Buchanan HS, Bldg. E. The first mandatory Science lab is on January 28 at 3:30 p.m.
- On January 26, students must complete the online Orientation Course (OR101) and OR101 quiz. In this mandatory online orientation course, students will find a link to a recorded subject introduction. In addition to listening to the introduction, students must complete an assignment related to their course. Your teacher will provide more information about the assignment after you register for an online class. Failure to complete these tasks on January 26 — the orientation course, quiz, recorded subject introduction, and related assignment— will result in being dropped from the course.
- All classes require either a final exam (May 8) or a state-required End-of-Course Test (EOCT)* (May 3 - May 6, specific date TBA). Check web site and/or course announcements for date and time for finals and EOCTs. The tests are administered in a face-to-face meeting at Buchanan High School of Technology. Materials are required to be returned on test day.
*The state requires EOCTs for selected courses, as noted in course offerings.
Optional Virtual Question & Answer Session
Tuesday, January 12, 6:30 p.m.
On the Online Campus home page, a web link will be posted for a virtual Q&A session. This will be conducted via Elluminate, the virtual classroom tool of Online Campus. See the web site for more information.
Please note: Online Campus follows the GCPS calendar for student holidays.