Accountability, Achievement, and Assessments
- SAT: Gwinnett students topped state and national averages on all sections (critical reading, math, and writing) of the SAT. Gwinnett’s average composite score, 1532, marks the second highest since students began taking the newer version of the test.
Review Gwinnett’s assessment program, with links to assessment descriptions and results for each level— elementary, middle, and high.
- Check out the Academic Knowledge and Skills curriculum at your student’s grade-level, including AKS booklets for the specialized programs offered through GSMST, Maxwell, and Grayson’s tech ed program.
- Find elementary and middle school parent brochures about the AKS and the K-12 AKS by core subject.
- In a year when state standards rose, 91.5% of GCPS’ schools met accountability standards to make Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP).
- Find promotion and graduation flyers for affected grade levels— grades 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, and 11.
- GCPS continues to make strides on key state and national assessments, posting higher results than peers in Georgia and the U.S.:
- AP: Each year, more and more Gwinnett high school students challenge themselves with college-level classes and take Advanced Placement (AP) tests to earn college credit.
- ACT: Student performance on the 2010 ACT Assessment continues to show steady improvement as more students take the ACT. Last year's test-takers posted an average composite score of 22.3 out of a possible 36, a new record for the system and well above the state and national averages.
- Graduation Tests: Gwinnett junior surpassed state averages on all subtests of the Georgia High School Graduation Tests by 3 to 9 percentage points. Check out these web resources on the GHSGT. (Note: The state is considering phasing out the graduation tests, in favor of End of Course Tests. Watch for more news as details are confirmed.)
- CRCT: More GCPS test-takers met or exceeded the state standard on the Criterion-Referenced Competency Tests than their peers statewide at all grade levels. Gwinnett also topped the state average for students exceeding state standards. Learn more about the CRCT online.