|Welcome to Communiqué Connection, where you will find links to additional information, useful resources, and more. In the printed version of the Fall 2007 Communiqué, a symbol like this— — pointed the way to more information on the system web site about the school system's environmental commitment, testing and curriculum news, redistricting, community schools, and more. |
Well, you've come to the right place, because
The links provided expand on articles recently featured in the Fall 2007 edition of Communiqué.
- Click here for more on GCPS' green operational practices.
Check out the links below for more about GCPS’ community partners for environmental education:
- Click here for more on environmental education in the classroom.
- Click here for more on Gwinnett County Public Schools Foundation Fund, Inc., and its work to support public education.
- Click here for flu information and other wellness resources online.
GCPS' Strategic Direction
- Click here for more on the most recent assessment results, promotion and graduation requirements for GCPS students, resources for test-takers, and additional information from the state Department of Education regarding state assessments.
- Click here for details about the $3.7 million leadership development grant from the Broad Foundation and here for more about the Foundation’s support of public education.
- Click here to review “Envisioning a System of World-Class Schools,” a publication about GCPS’ strategic direction developed with a grant from the Center for Reform of School Systems (CRSS).
- Click here for a list of characteristics found in world-class schools… our definition of world-class for Gwinnett County Public Schools.
- Click here for the Core Beliefs and Commitments adopted by the Gwinnett County Board of Education in December 2006, and here for the Board’s Theory of Action for Student Achievement, adopted in July 2007. These important initiatives come out of the Board’s work with CRSS’ Reform Governance in Action Institute. GCPS’ participation in the program is funded through the Broad Foundation.
- Click here for proposed redistricting maps, how you can give your input on the proposals, and more about GCPS’ new schools opening in 2008-09 and 2009-10.
- Click here for a link to the community schools web page. Summer/fall classes run through December. Look for the winter catalog online.
- Click here to request that a copy of Gwinnett L.I.F.E. by mail. Gwinnett L.I.F.E. is your free guide to classes, event, and programs offered through the partnership of the Gwinnett County Community Schools program and Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation.
- Click here to learn more about Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation, GCPS' partner in offering quality, affordable educational and recreational activities to the community.
While you’re here, check out these other resources…
- Click here to search for GCPS jobs and apply online.
- Click here for the GCPS TV schedule and upcoming programs.
- Click here to read recent and archived issues of eNews or sign up to receive the next issue by e-mail.
- Click here for resources and information for the Spring 2007 Communiqué Connection.