Communiqué Connection - Spring 2008
|Links to Learn More for Parents and Community Members|
Welcome to Communiqué Connection, where you will find links to additional information,
useful resources. In the printed version of the Spring 2008 Communiqué,
a symbol like this— — pointed the way to more information on the system web site
about the school system's math and science initiatives, community partnerships, calendars,
Well, you've come to the right place, because the links below expand
on articles recently featured in the Spring 2008 edition of Communiqué.
While you’re here, please tell us what you think of this issue of Communiqué.
Click here to take a readership survey.
Math and Science Instructional Resources and Profiles
This issue, we're focusing on two allied subject areas— math and
science— and how the GCPS curriculum for both promotes the problem-solving
and critical-thinking skills our students will need for success in school and the
workplace. Click here to learn more.
Community Partners and the School Effect
The impact of the system's community partners and volunteers
is immeasurable, and the relationships that are being built daily are invaluable. From
Principal For a Day in the fall to the year-round work of the PTA and community leaders,
GCPS is fortunate to have the support at every step in our
students' educational journey in Gwinnett. To learn more, click here.
GCPS Bulletin Board, Dates, and Honors
- Click here for recent news releases detailing GCPS honors and here for more kudos and upcoming events.
- Click here for resources about changes in the Georgia graduation requirements for students in the Class of 2012 and beyond and here for “The Freshman Book,” a planning guide for rising 9th graders.
- Click here to link to the Georgia Performance Standards (GPS), the state’s revised curriculum that will be phased-in across subject and grade levels through 2012. The GPS is embedded in Gwinnett’s rigorous AKS curriculum.
- Looking for spring dates? Click here for a 2007-08 calendar, including spring testing dates; here for a link to more on registration for next year’s kindergartners; and here for the 2008 graduation schedule.
- Click here for more on summer school.
- If you’re planning ahead for next school year, click here for the GCPS calendar for 2008-09.
While you’re here, check out these other resources
- Click here to search for GCPS jobs and apply online.
- Click here for the GCPS TV schedule and upcoming programs.
- Click here to read recent and archived issues of eNews or sign up to receive the next issue by e-mail.
- Click here for resources and information for the Fall 2007 Communiqué Connection.
- Click here for resources and information for the Spring 2007 Communiqué Connection.