Math and Science Instructional Resources and Profiles
Math and Science Programs and Resources
- Click here for GCPS’ Academic Knowledge and Skills curriculum. Check out math and science by grade level for K-8 and AKS for courses at the high school level.
- Find links to schools with specialized programs when you click here for Maxwell High School of Technology and here for the Grayson High Technical Education Program.
- Click here to learn more about Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science, and Technology, GCPS’ charter high school with a high-tech, research focus.
- Click here for online learning resources that your child can access from home or the library with school-provided passwords.
- Is your child struggling with a sticky math or science problem at home? Click here for online Homework Help, a service of GCPS and the Gwinnett County Public Library.
- Click here for more on out-of-this-world teaching and learning with the Starfleet Institute of the Sciences at Dacula Middle.
- Click here for a peek at a professional lab experience at the Gwinnett Environmental & Heritage Center.
- Click here to learn more about the research behind GCPS' science fairs and to see a slide show that visits science fairs at every school level.
- Click here to meet some tiny scientists.
- Click here for some more super-cool scenes from science classrooms, competitions, and after-school activities.
- Click here for more on the advanced Georgia Tech math option.
- Learn more about “Math Rules” and other GCPS programming when you click here.
- Click here to read a profile of Doug Callahan, and here to read a profile of Matt Winking, two of Gwinnett's award-winning math teachers.
- Our schools go above and beyond the regular school day to reinforce math skills. Click here to learn more.
- Click here to see how computer-based learning at school and at home can make a difference in student achievement in math.
- Click here to check out math activities around Gwinnett.
More on Math, Science, and Higher-Order Thinking Skills
- Click here for links to some of the many competitive opportunities offered to Gwinnett students.
- Click here for a profile of collaborative learning and “specials” that focus on math and science skills.
- Click here for ways you can help reinforce math skills at home for your elementary student and click here for math tips, adapted for use by high school students by the Grayson High Math Department.
- Click here for more on exciting careers in engineering, math, and science.
- Click here for more parent tips on science, math, literacy, citizenship, health and wellness, and more!