Gwinnett County Guidance and Counseling Program Standards |
Gwinnett County Guidance and Counseling Program Standards
1. All students have dignity and worth.
2. All students have the opportunity to be served by the guidance and counseling program.
3. All students of diverse backgrounds, intellectual differences, and special needs will be considered in the planning and implementation of the guidance and counseling program.
4. Students and parents are responsible for monitoring the individual student's educational plan with the support of school faculty and staff.
The Guidance Program
1. The guidance program shall be consistent with expected developmental stages of learning.
2. The guidance program shall be evaluated on specific goals.
1. Counselors shall abide by the professional ethics of guidance and counseling as advocated by the Gwinnett County School's Policy and Procedures and the American School Counseling Association.
2. Counselors shall participate in an ongoing program of counselor training/retraining to maintain a quality guidance program.